I'm just a good old boy from Virginia where the smell of tobacco still hangs in the barn. The house I grew up in, momma's singed church hymns while I hid and played Free Bird on daddy's guitar. I learned to put my trust in a good pair of boots. And I ain't ashamed of my downhome roots.
Call me country, it runs deep in my bones. My heart's in my holler, the field's in my soul. There's a piece of my past down every dirt road. It's my home, oh yeah, call me country.
I remember grandaddy had a talk about that old oak tree, six generations, too strong to fall down. Man you ought to see the sunset when it touches the red dirt, how it burns like a brush fire before it goes down. This piece of land will always carry my last name. When asked who I am, with pride I will say..
Call me country, it runs deep in my bones. My heart's in my holler, the field's in my soul. There's a piece of my past down every dirt road. It's my home, oh yeah, call me country. (x2)
Yeah, call me country, yeah.
- No comments just yet. Write one and be the first!
Recently Edited SongsView All
- Up We Go Lights Ambi (58) 2 minutes ago
- Losing It All Anberlin Anonymous 5 minutes ago
- Nuthin Lecrae Ambi (58) 52 minutes ago
- Fear Lecrae Ambi (58) 52 minutes ago
- Beggin For Thread BANKS Ambi (58) 1 hour ago
- Old Blood Confession Anonymous 4 hours ago
- Golden Age Jamestown Revival Anonymous 9 hours ago
- Freaks Like Me (featuring Mack Z & the ALDC) Todrick Hall Anonymous 14 hours ago
- Satellites (Act iii) Crown the Empire Anonymous 14 hours ago
- Best Mistake (feat. Big Sean) Ariana Grande Ambi (58) 17 hours ago
- My Everything Ariana Grande Ambi (58) 17 hours ago
- Diamonds (Feat. August Alsina) Que Ambi (58) 18 hours ago
2013 "Original Good Ol' Boy"
- 5 You Don't Know Me Very Well
- 7 Stomping Grounds
- 9 She Kissed Me Anyway
- 13 Down Home in Dixie
Top 10 Songs View Top 300
Top 10 Albums View Top 300