That Kid Lyrics
[Verse 1]Well I bet there's a warm breeze, blowing cross my poppa's farm. I bet there's a cur dog and some kids playing in the yard. And I bet there's an old friend sitting in that front porch swing. And as the wind blows across the evening, she whispers a prayer for me
[Chorus]Too long since I've been back home. Play another show, write another song, that's all I do these days. Look at me Lord, I can't complain. I said one prayer, you answered everything. Oh, yes you did. But that little boy in bare feet down on Cypress Creek, walking behind Daddy Pete, I miss that kid
[Verse 2]I bet there's a broken heart driving by your house today. Son you was his best friend, until you took it all away. Since you've been gone, he don't quite know what to do. Cause all his life, thirty some odd years, he never met no one like you
[Chorus]But that ol boy up on Moss Pond. Used to let me smoke one, Brother John. Lord, I miss that kid
[Outro]Now I got a boy that looks just like me, sure wish he was here beside me, cause Lord I miss that kid.
- No comments just yet. Write one and be the first!
Recently Edited LyricsView All
- Breathe Easy There for Tomorrow noesome (0) 20 minutes ago
- Fool That I Am Adele alovelysuicide (34) 1 hour ago
- That’s It, I Quit, I’m Movin’ On Adele alovelysuicide (34) 1 hour ago
- Best for Last Adele alovelysuicide (34) 1 hour ago
- Make You Feel My Love Adele alovelysuicide (34) 1 hour ago
- Slow Acid Calvin Harris Ambi (49) 3 hours ago
- Tumble and Fall Little Big Town Ambi (49) 3 hours ago
- Quit Breaking Up With Me Little Big Town Ambi (49) 3 hours ago
- Girl Crush Little Big Town Ambi (49) 3 hours ago
- Heroes (feat. Tove Lo) Alesso Ambi (49) 3 hours ago
- The Feast and the Famine Foo Fighters Ambi (49) 3 hours ago
- Dime Julion Alvarez y Su Norteño Banda Ambi (49) 11 hours ago
About This Song Edit Info (1)
What is this song about? Who produced it? How well did it do on the charts? Etc.
2013 "Southern Soul"